Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mount Dora

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to treat my Mom, my niece and my kids to a fun day in Mount Dora. We ventured to the Garden Gate Tea Room. They serve tea in such beautiful feminine pots. I had the Famous Herb Crusted Rosemary Baked Chicken Pie. It was absolutely delicious! Now I know why they call it "Our Famous Baked Chicken Pie". The food was really fabulous there and I would not hesitate to go back. I especially liked the ambiance. I felt so feminine sitting around with all of the pillows and cozy decor. Here is a picture of the room that we ate in. Notice the fabric hanging from the wall and the white baby grand piano.



















Now here is another picture of the room we dined in. Take a look at the lighted mirror above the fireplace and the trees in the room that have lights on them, not to mention that every chair had a pillow in it for comfort.

















I just loved this buffet table that they used for the cold iced tea beverages. Isn't it just gorgeous! I wish I had that in my home!



How about this cozy seating arrangement with these comfy chairs right next to the fireplace! Two could have a romantic date in this Tea Room.



Then we walked around Mount Dora and went in a couple of shops! Mount Dora really caters to visitors and they love to have tourists! One shop that struck my fancy for spring was a shop called the Timeless Keepsakes on 4th Avenue. It is run by the Krill family and they had some of the cutest things for your spring decor. The first thing I saw as I walked in the door was the robin's eggs and the birdies. How cute! Can you find the butterfly pillow and the little rabbit? And don't forget the painted picture of flowers.



They had all kinds of candles and look at the precious little birdie! I especially enjoyed the letters that said family. It made me smile thinking that I had done something special with my family that day.



They also had every color, shape, and pattern that you could imagine to decorate your dining table regarding place mats. There were so many I couldn't count them.



I enjoyed the hanging beach candles. They had starfish and shells and I thought these were adorable decorations. Perfect for a nautical bathroom or for your beach cottage!



After browsing through the store and getting ready to leave, I spotted these adorable black bedroom hangers with vintage knobs on a black wooden plaque. What a great idea! I wanted to buy those but I thought they could easily be duplicated. How fun!



It was such a beautiful day outside for walking and we enjoyed the shops and the food tremendously. It is fun to be with family and to enjoy one another away from the hustle and bustle of home schooling and busy life! Have you taken your family somewhere special just to enjoy one another and the sights around you? If you are interested in the shop from Mount Dora, it is Timeless Keepsakes 128 West 4th Avenue Mt Dora, FL 32757-5558 and the phone number is (352) 383-1221. Don't be afraid to take a day off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment