Yumm-o! Have you all heard of this Ooey Gooey Butter Cake? It is fabulous! You can do so many things with a 1 dollar box of cake mix and this one is my favorite! I wanted to share this recipe because it is one of my children's favorites. Also, this is a quick recipe to have on hand if you have some quick unannounced show-ups at your house! Whoops! Oh and I almost forgot that you can add coconut and pecans, you can add peanut butter chips or even chocolate chips to this recipe! I would love to hear from you if you try it! I hope you enjoy!
1 hour | 20 min prep
- Mix cake mix, melted butter and one egg.
- Pat into 13x9 inch pan.
- In a separate bowl beat cheese until fluffy.
- Add 2 remaining eggs to cheese and mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until lumps are gone.
- Pour this mixture over cake in pan.
- bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until topping is golden. (I usually cook it for 45 minutes)
- Allow to cool somewhat to set topping (slides off when warm).