Friday, April 30, 2010

Rosemary Gone Wild And A Recipe, Too!


Today I pruned my rosemary bush because as you can see, it had gone wild.  I must add that this is the picture after I pruned it!  


 I planted some mint because I just love to make mint iced tea.  


 I also planted some basil which I use quite often for a tomato, onion and basil omlet,  and bruschetta, I must add!


 I haven't gotten thyme yet but that will be my next purchase.  I had some but the rosemary had so taken over my little herb garden that it wasn't doing well.  I weeded the herb bed so that came up too.


I would like to leave you with a great recipe for Oven Lemon Rosemary Salmon. I use it quite frequently because fish is so healthy for you.  Adding the herbs and lemon to the salmon really helps to cut down on the fishiness of the fish.  I have also used the herb topping on chicken and it is just as good if you don't care for seafood.  Try it!

Oven Lemon Rosemary Salmon

1 lb of salmon
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of freshly ground pepper
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp of fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
capers(optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut the fish into 4 equal portions.  Combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary in a bowl.  Brush the mixture onto the fish. 

Place on a greased baking sheet that has sides to it.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until the fish can be flaked with a fork.  To serve, top the fish with capers which is optional. 

Serves 4.

2 comments:

Between You and Me said...

bought some Salmon today...will try this recipe this weekend...

missed talking this week, friend!!! It went by way too fast!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment