Sunday, January 1, 2012

Good Healthy Eats

We really desire as a family to start the New Year out right by eating right.  I have bought Mahi Mahi at Target before and couldn't find it this time around.  The last time I made it, it was yum, yum, yum!  So, I decided to go get some more frozen fish and so we tried the Alaskan Cod.  On the back of each kind of fish, there is a recipe that is usually really easy to make.  This one turned out really good so I thought I would give you the step by step recipe.  The brand at Target was the Archer Farms brand.
 
 It is wild-caught which is better for you than farm-raised.  

 I started out by seasoning the Cod with salt and pepper and adding a dollop of salsa.  I used the Greenwise Publix brand because I really like this brand.  I drizzled a mild olive oil over top of the salsa and placed it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  

Once the fish had cooked for 20 minutes, I checked it with a fork to make sure it flaked.  Then I added Monterey Jack Cheese, just enough shredded to melt over top.  The recipe called for Pepper Jack but I chose not to have the added spice since I was serving the kids.  I popped it in the oven for another 2 minutes just to melt the cheese.  

Here is the finished product! Yum-o!

 I hope you enjoy this recipe, we did!







0 comments:

Post a Comment